Custom Homes in Southeast & Central Texas
At JT & I, we build custom homes using the concept of “functional luxury.” Our meticulous attention to detail and functionality is what sets us apart from other custom home builders. Not only do we incorporate the most eloquent features associated with luxury, we also help you make your home functional.
When designing floor plans, there are practical decisions you need to make. This is the “functional” aspect of functional luxury.
Let’s say you have a beautiful kitchen in mind—marble topped counters, a stunning kitchen island in the middle, a state-of-the-art cooktop, several ovens, a top mount stainless steel sink and room for a built-in dishwasher. Where does functionality come in?
- Where should you put your wastebasket so it’s not in everyone’s way?
- Are your cabinets placed in the most convenient spot?
- On which side of the sink should the dishwasher be located, so it’s not in the way of someone handing you dishes? Or for convenience when putting dishes away?
- If you’re left-handed, there are advantageous ways to locate appliances for ease and efficiency.
We delve into the details, clarifying features and modeling them for your preference to suit your needs. We’ll take the time to address everything, even down to the baseboards. Customers love our thorough approach and how closely we work with them to ensure satisfaction. After all, we’re helping you fashion your vision of the perfect home.
Check out the page called Our Process, which takes you through the stages of building your home, one step at a time.
What Our Clients Are Saying
To begin the process of building your dream home
& Living Areas
A warm evening in Texas is the perfect time for grilling outdoors. If you love outdoor living, having your utensils and essentials within easy reach makes cooking practical and convenient. Consider building an outdoor kitchen as the way to go. A flat table surface for prep-work, a built in natural gas or propane grill, a mini-frig, and a shelf for storage are a few practical accessories. A sink and dishwasher might also be options. Or perhaps even a tiered bar. We’re full of great ideas and love to help you explore the possibilities.
Looking for an
Energy Efficient Home?
Energy efficiency is right up our alley. Many homeowners today value ways to save energy for a variety of reasons:
- Saving money on energy bills and qualifying for rebates
- Improving air distribution to create a healthy living environment
- Creating a greater comfort level
- Contributing to a cleaner environment
Home insulation, air sealing, double window panes, duct sealing and energy star appliances are just a few ways to make your home more energy efficient. Want more ideas? We have them. And we can help you incorporate energy efficient features into your home.
Send us an email
* Indicates required